Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (# indicates corresponding author, * indicates student collaborators):
- Wang, M. F., Liao, F.H.F.# et al. 2016. The making of a sustainable wireless city? Mapping public Wi-Fi access in Shanghai. Sustainability 8(2), 111
- Liao, F.H.F., Wilhelm, F. and Solomon, M. 2016. The effects of ambient water quality and Eurasian watermilfoil on lakefront property values in the Coeur d’Alene area of Northern Idaho. Sustainability. 8(1), 44.
- Liao, F.H.F., and Wei, Y.H.D. 2015. Space, scale, and regional inequality in provincial China: A spatial filtering approach. Applied Geography. 61, 94–104.
- Li, H., Wei, Y.H.D, Liao, F.H.F., and Huang, Z. 2015.Administrative hierarchy and urban land expansion in transitional China. Applied Geography, 56, 177–186.
- Liao, F.H.F., Farber, S. and Ewing, R. 2015. Compact development and preference heterogeneity in residential location choice behavior: A latent class analysis. Urban Studies. 52, 314–337.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. 2014. Modeling determinants of urban growth in Dongguan, China: A spatial logistic approach. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, 28, 801–816.
- Wei, Y.H.D. and Liao, F.H.F. 2013. The embeddedness of TNCs in Chinese cities: Strategic coupling in global production networks? Habitat International, 40, 82–90.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. 2013. TNCs’ technology linkages with domestic firms: An investigation of the ICT Industry in Suzhou, China. Environment and Planning C, 33, 460–474.
- Wei, Y.H.D., Yuan, F., and Liao, F.H.F. 2012. Spatial mismatch and determinants of foreign and domestic information and communication technology firms in urban China. The Professional Geographer, 65, 247–264.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. 2012. Dynamics, space, and regional inequality in provincial China: A case study of Guangdong Province. Applied Geography, 35, 71–83.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Chan, R.C.K. 2011. Industrial relocation of Hong Kong manufacturing firms: Towards an expanding industrial space beyond the Pearl River Delta. GeoJournal, 76, 623–639.
- Yang, C. and Liao, F.H.F. 2010. Industrial agglomeration of Hong Kong and Taiwanese manufacturing investment in China: A town level analysis in Dongguan. Annals of Regional Science, 45, 487–517.
- Yang C. and Liao, F.H.F. 2010. Backward linkages of cross-border production networks of Taiwanese PC investment in the Pearl River Delta, China. Tijdschriftvoor Economische en Sociale Geografie (Journal of Social and Economic Geography), 101, 199–217.
- Liao, F.H.F. 2009. Industrial agglomeration of Taiwanese electronics firms in Dongguan, China: A town-level analysis. Asian Geographer. 26, 1–21.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. (in revision). Regional Inequality in China. in Sage Handbook on Contemporary China.
- Wei, Y.H.D., Zhang, L., Liao, F.H.F. and Chen, J.L. (in press). Urban land use expansion and spatial restructuring in the Yangtze River Delta, China. In J. Man, R. Tao and Y.H. Hong (Eds.), China’s Land Policy and Economic Development, Cambridge: Lincoln Institute of Land Policy.
- Liao, F.H.F., Xu, Z.H. and Liang, B. 2014. Industrial cluster of Taiwanese electronics firms in Dongguan, China: Home effects and implications for industrial upgrading. in S. Eriksson (Ed.), Clusters and Economic Growth in Asia, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Yang, C. and Liao, F.H.F. 2008. Urban and regional development of the Pan-Pearl River Delta. In Y.M. Yeung and J. F. Shen (Eds.), The Pan-Pearl River Delta: An Emerging Regional Economy in Globalizing China, Hong Kong: The Chinese University of Hong Kong Press.
Peer-reviewed Conference Proceedings:
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. 2016. Sixty Years of Regional Inequality in China: Trends, Scales and Mechanisms. Working Paper Series N° 202. Rimisp, Santiago, Chile.
- Dong, Ensheng*, Liao, F.H.F., and Kang, H.J. 2016. Grocery shopping: Geographic scale matters in analyzing the effects of built-environment on travel mode choice. Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting, January 10–14, Washington, DC.
- Liao, F.H.F., Farber, S. and Ewing, R. 2014. Compact development and preference heterogeneity in residential location choice behavior: A latent class analysis. Transportation Research Board (TRB) Annual Meeting, January 12–16, Washington, DC.
- Liao, F.H.F. and Wei, Y.H.D. 2012. Spatial determinants of urban growth in Dongguan, China. GIScience 2012, Extended Abstracts Volume, September 18–21, Columbus, Ohio.